Monday, February 7, 2011

Introduction


The Word of God, more commonly known as the Holy Bible, has been in the hot seat of world-wide acceptance and simultaneously one of the most controversial scriptures ever written. It happens to be the best seller of all time as well.

This Word is composed of 66 books, 39 in the Old Testament, and 27 that are collectively called the New Testament. It is believed to be written over the course of 1,500 years (B.C.E) that covers a time span (mostly transmitted by Oral Tradition) considerably longer than the first writings.

 My purpose is to take a look into the history of how the Holy Bible has been transmitted for such a long period of time. What started as Oral Culture remembered by societies, then became written through parchments, papyrus, paper, and is now even distributed digitally.

I won't pretend to keep it a secret that I live by the Word of God, and I recognize that there are spiritual applications that can not be understood without prayer and faith in the Holy Spirit. However, that is not my only purpose and I hope I can provide information that is both fun, and that takes off some of the gravity placed on the Holy Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment